Mayor Lonny Napper of Plympton-Wyoming will be honouring a number of community members at a luncheon early in February.
The Mayor's Luncheon, to be held Saturday,, Feb. 4, 2012 at noon, is designed to officially recognize several individuals.
"These are people who have truly made a difference and we as a community appreciate all of their contributions," said Napper.
Everyone is welcome to attend the luncheon, admission for which is a donation to the Camlachie Cultural Library Museum. Tickets are available in advance only by calling Mayor Napper at (519) 899-4025, Jen (519) 889-4025 or Netty (519) 899-4030.
Individuals and organizations singled out for honours include:
- Allen McColl – Regional Award Winner of the Premiers Award for Agri-Food Innovation Excellence;
- Mr. & Mrs. Don Poland – For their generous donation of landscaping at the Camlachie Cenotaph in honour of their son Cpl. Brent Poland;
- Dave Whitlock – In honour of his illustrious career as one of Canada’s most professional and respected stock car racer for more than 25 years winning 3 National Cascar super series championships;
- Bryan Boyle – In honour of his years of service for 28 years as the Lambton County Agricultural Representative;
- Mr. & Mrs. Charlie Visscher – For their generosity in support of all organizations in Wyoming and giving so many young people the opportunity to gain skills in the workplace;
- Ashley Scott & Kendra Prasad – Both are grade 4 students at Aberarder Central School and won the Chemical Institute in Canada Award – The Justin Marshall Award and a silver award at the 38th Annual Lambton County Science Fair for their project Antacid Battle;
- Lindsay King, Krista Brand, & Daryl Fraser – As lifeguards for the Town of Plympton-Wyoming Community Pool, thanks to their quick response, coolness and relying on their skills they had been taught a real tragedy was adverted;
- Burns Masonic Lodge – In recognition of 150 years of service to Wyoming;
- Wyoming Minor Baseball Association – For their successful season in sending 5 teams to OBA Finals and their continuing work in the community;
- Camlachie Fire Department – For their years of support to the Red Cross Blood Donor Clinic by donating over 700 units of blood;
- Wyoming Lions Club – In recognition of their upgrade to the Wyoming Cenotaph. Providing recycling bins for bottles, keeping many items from the landfill;
- Aberarder Womens Institute – Serving the community since 1910;
- Uttoxeter Womens Institute – Serving the community since 1913;
- Knox Presbyterian Church in Camlachie – For their 165 years of service and memories to the community;
- Anglican Church in Wyoming – In honour of their 150th Anniversary;
- Christ Church Camlachie – For their Successful promotion of the Victorian Christmas;
- Model Lodge & Starlight Rebeka Lodge in Wyoming – For their compassion in the delivering and visits of Poinsettias to folks that are confined to their homes at Christmas. It is deeds like this that make Plympton-Wyoming a great place to live;
- John McKinley – For 65 years of volunteering at the Royal Canadian Legion; Ron McEwen – For 65 years of volunteering services to the Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 388 Wyoming and still counting as he is still very active to this day.