At its regular meeting on Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 5:00 p.m., the Town of Plympton-Wyoming Council:
· Endorsed the resolution from the Ontario Urban Forest Council, which calls on Federal and Provincial governments to take leadership roles in recognizing the need to support urban forestry, by establishing urban forestry mandates and programs which includes funding assistance to municipalities for the control and management of the Emerald Ash Borer – and any future significant imported diseases and insects – as well as the creation and funding of programs designed to support the on-going sustainable management of urban forests.
· Endorsed the submission of an application to the Ontario Trillium Foundation for funding of the new Wyoming-Reeces Corners Trail Project, for the maximum allocation of $75,000.
· Scheduled 2012 Budget meetings to take place on Tuesday, March 6th from 8:00 a.m. to noon, Tuesday March 13th commencing at 5:00 p.m., and Tuesday, March 20th from 8:00 a.m. to noon.
· Was thanked by Mayor Lonny Napper for their support of his annual Mayor’s Luncheon held on February 4th, which raised $3000 that he pledged towards the Camlachie Cultural Library Museum.
· Was informed by CAO Kyle Pratt that the Town has been granted delegation meetings with the Ministry of the Environment – Minister Jim Bradley regarding Wind Turbine Setbacks, Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport – Minister Michael Chan regarding Trail Funding, and the Ministry of Natural Resources regarding the Recovery of Costs for Ash Borer Tree Losses and Clean-Up, at the upcoming OGRA/ROMA Conference in Toronto.